Search This Blog

About This Blog

This blog is primarily cake-recipe based, but, from time to time, I will include some savoury ones too. I also like to write about my travels and encounters, especially if they involve great food. I speak as I find. Opinions expressed are my own, and not sponsored, requested, or paid for by others, unless specifically stated.

Translate this page to your language

Sunday 3 June 2012

"She Writes, He Cooks"


"The Chef and I, A Nourishing Narrative" a new book by Móna Wise, who is, among other things, a Wife, Mum, Food writer for The Sunday Times magazine, Food Blogger, and now author. It is an autobiography as well as a cookbook, and is one of those "reads" which, once you start, you will find it difficult to put down.  She tells her life story in such a way, that you imagine you are sitting across the kitchen table, with a cup of tea, listening to her intently.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you Colette! I did not get one photo of the food for the evening and you did such a lovely job of capturing all this! Thank you and John both for coming to Galway and squeezing in time for our event. I have such brilliant memories of the evening and am delighted to see your recap right here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Móna. When I was able to finalise my plan to visit Galway, I was delighted that it would include being able to attend the launch. A lovely evening all round.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos Colette and as I hardly got to take any by the time I got there, I've linked to this post from my IF blog post - hope that's okay :) Shame we didn't get to meet but next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna, for your comment, and thanks too for linking the post. Never mind, we will meet up again, for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Colette. I would so love to have been there but just couldn't make it. You've captured the launch well & now I really must order a copy of Mona's book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee. Such a pity you couldn't go, maybe for the next one :) You will love the book, it is a lovely read, and great recipes too.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic post Colette. Your photos really captured the mood of the evening. I hope you had a lovely time in Galway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amee. We had a great time, and hope return soon.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post Colette, looks like you all had a great evening so sorry I wasn't able to make it! Bought the book for kindle recently & devoured it in one sitting, will definitely be buying the hard copy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you T, it was lovely to be able to be there. The book is a great read, very honest, and down to earth. The recipes are well worth a try too :)

      Delete